It is my belief that the world of grants and sponsored research houses the world’s largest collection of acronyms and jargon–more so than every military or government spy agency.
And thus, we have glossaries to keep everything clear.
- NIH Office of Extramural Research, Grants and Funding Glossary & Acronym List
- gov, Glossary of Clinical Trial Terms
- Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature, JAMAevidence Glossary
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NINDS Glossary of Clinical Research Terms
- The A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia, Medical Encyclopedia
- National Institute of Mental Health, A Participants Guide to Mental Health Clinical Research
General Health Topics
- National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus Health Topics
- National Library of Medicine, Medical Dictionary
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Health Topics A-Z
- National Cancer Institute, NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms
- National Institute of Allergy and Infection Diseases, Health & Research Topics A-Z
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communications Disorders Glossary, Glossary
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, The Kidney Failure Glossary
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NHLBI’s Health Topics
- National Human Genome Research Institute, NHGRI’s Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms
- National Library of Medicine, Illustrated Glossary
- National Institute of General Medical Sciences, The New Genetics Glossary
- Department of Energy, Genome Glossary
What are your favorite go-to glossaries? Leave a comment and let me know!